Shore Orchid Fest, NJ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is in reply to remarks made last year and this year during and just before the Shore Orchid Fest. The plant in question by Bob from Albany was a 4 and 1/2 growth St. Swithin's which he found without a price tag. The only St. Swithin's I had for sale were plants with fewer growth's. My stud rack is just above and I keep select plants and seedlings that I decide to keep til they bloom. Sometimes customers will innocently see a plant they like and pull it down and leave it on the bench below. Since it did not have a DNS tag or a stud name I told him a plant that size would be 100.00.
That said I'll just add that we are a 2nd generation company in buisness for 54 years and my brother and I have run the buisness for 34 years. We are if anything honest and I will add that not only do I think that price more than fair I also happen to know Bob was able to make up his own mind.
If you do come to our greenhouse during our festival we can offer you clean well grown plants that we stand behind. You may occassionally find a plant without a price but if you ask I will try to give you a fair price.
Tony, Silva Orchids

I also had a trying time at the main greenhouses. Most things aren't priced and shall we say they are used car sales people. Just not my cup of tea.

I just have to say this. I know Joe and Tony for quite some time and they know their stuff. I have bought plants from them and been quite pleased with them. They are nice, friendly people. If an item is not priced, then asked them and a reasonable price will be given. All my experiences have been positive.

Latest posts

Back