Saint Swithin progression

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt Epsom Salt affects the flower color much, if at all, because as far as I understand, flower color especially anything with blue, magenta, red hues is either not affected by anything (usually the intense dark and solid colors) or it is affected by sugar production and allocation within the plant which is controlled by light level and temperature.
I could be wrong, but I'm still waiting to hear from others to learn about it.
To me, this seem like one of those many things that float around among orchid growers.

BTW, there is a phal lady in the local society here, and she adds Epsom salt in the late summer or fall. She "believes" that Epsom salt is what makes phals spike, which is obviously not true as most phals (she grows the common hobby hybrid type) spike in response to the lower temperature that comes with the season of late summer or fall.

I'm sure adding Epsom salt helps with plant growth/development of course.

20151024_135504.jpg
Looks like there will be four.

exciting. I don't think I've seen pictures of anything with the roth 'New Horizon' parent. I have a sib cross growing out from flask. I will have to keep an eye out for pics.

I don't know. It was awarded several years ago. I wish all the judging centers would keep track of the clonal names of the parents.

20151105_121559.jpg
Almost time. 16" from pot rim to first bud. I hope my stake is big enough. Looks like it will be big, if nothing else.
20151105_121622.jpg

Oh, it's opening as we speak, I'm just not posting a pic until next week. ;-) It looks like it's going to be very "roth-y".

Latest posts

Back