rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Anna, I remember you had a similar plant from the other thread I started some time ago and wondered if your plant had flowered.
Do you have any photograph to share?
Why was the spike 'ridiculous'?
Was it a roth at all?

Sorry for this assault ...:eek: ... In any case, as our both plants are growing strong, yours sure will get a second flowering in ... two years I guess? All of the photobucket images have disappeared, but you can see some of them here. It's in spanish, but you should be able to read it.

viewer.php
[/url][/IMG]
this is the plant now.so you can see what I intend when I said ridiculous spike and flower (short spike and small flowers).I have not fresh images of flowers,I have take back from garbage one flower for show you .for me is not a rothschildianum but I am inexpert after all .
bye bye ,Anna

Oouuuch! That hurts.
'Ridiculous' is a polite way to define it. I'm so sorry for you. After fostering a young rothschildianum over four years one has high expectations.

I can't do it from here if my plant turns out as messy, for the import regulations have changed half a year ago. But as far as I know, Regina Elsner is a very kind and helpful person, and she usually has plants with good quality so, if you don't want to wait for another couple of years, perhaps it would be a good idea to contact Frau Elsner and show her this peculiar flowering. I'd wish you could get a replacement, I really do.

Ciao Anna

This spike could be from a Saint swithin...

annab, I see supardii in this bad flower. Maybe a David Ott (what could be too the Secundino plant if no StS)?

36393974853_50c83264cb_c.jpg

Paphiopedilum cf. rothschildianum by Secun, on Flickr

St Swithin can be a consolation prize if it is a real good one; David Ott would be a disaster.

Well, it seems I've got the same crxxxp like anna b.
36888032600_da43cf9ed1_b.jpg

No way this can be a Paph. rothschildianum, by Secun, on Flickr

As soon as I have a 'well developed' open flower, I'll write to Elsner.

I usually manage to refrain my comments on ugly flowers posted by someone else, but as this one is mine, I feel free to call it a crap. You may feel free, too! (I've seen there is another thread on P. supardii - which I up to now think this plant is, too - where nearly all agreed that this species is not the most beautiful!) If I had to make a ranking of the ugliest Paph, supardii would be on top!

37185465141_7b201e096e_b.jpg

Paphiopedilum noid, most likely cf. P. supardii 'The Ugly Swan' by Secun, on Flickr

The flowers are opening very slowly - and the growth of the spike has stopped. There will be five flowers.

Anathema!

I've seen there is another thread on P. supardii - which I up to now think this plant is, too - where nearly all agreed that this species is not the most beautiful! If I had to make a ranking of the ugliest Paph, supardii would be on top!

Allow me to speak up on behalf of the poor defenseless P. supardii: you might call it different, you might not personally like it, but it's an utterly subjective and judgemental statement to deem it ugly! :poke:

I for my part both love and like it, as I've stated with some vehemence before - and I warn you: just don't get me started! :evil:

Welcome!
You are member of the MLF (Malmö Liberation Front), right? Always looking at the bright side of life!:rollhappy:

I LOVE supardii. :drool: Too bad we live in different countries or I'd buy it from you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Please post photos when it's fully open.

Welcome!
You are member of the MLF (Malmö Liberation Front), right?

If that one was adressed to me, I utterly deny the charges, and plead: not guilty, Your Honor! :D

I'm a member of KLF - no, not the british electronica/acid house group, not the christian teachers union (Kristelig Lærer Forening), but: Københavns Liberation Front - freedom fighters for suppressed supardiis! :rollhappy:

And by the way:
Malmö = Sweden (at the other end of The Bridge)
København/Copenhagen = The capital of Denmark (where The Bridge begins - that is, seen from here!)

As islander (someone living on a island) in sight of another island there is always the riddle who looks at the brighter side of live. The 'mainlanders' seldom have this opportunity, and when they have (like from Malmö), they look at the bright side!
'In-landers' won't understand that.

For a moment I thought you were from S.P.U.S. Terrible people.
:poke:

And this plant, well, it is not a defenceless plant at all. It's a sucker, living for four years now on the lovingly care, water and nutrients intended for a roth. An ugly parasite. A deceptive cuckoo, short-tailed ugly whydah of the plant world. :evil:

The referendum - or whatever will happen after 1st of october - will not change nationality. The Republic of Catalunya to come accepts double nationality.

S.P.U.S. is 'The Society to Protect the Ugly Supardiis'. Terrible people, believe me.

Latest posts

Back