• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Picture Request - Blue Morning Glory

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

First of all, I realize this isn't a morning glory forum, but I don't belong to a morning glory forum, so I thought I'd ask here......:p
The other day I had a great idea for Save the Date postcards for my wedding. It's in April and the colors are blue w/ a touch of yellow - in particular, the shade of blue of the common blue morning glories (Heavenly Blue is the cultivar I believe) :D Since I love these flowers and have grown them in the past, I knew I had pictures of them, but when I sorted through all of them, none of them had a 'clean' background (dandelions/other weeds, the corner of a desk the year I grew it in my dorm room, etc.), so I can't use them for the cards. That leads me to my request - Does anyone have a good quality pic (or a plant they'd be willing to take picutres of) of a Heavenly Blue morning glory flower/s that they wouldn't mind me using? I'm sure there's plenty of pics online, but I don't want to use a picture w/o permission!
Thank you in advance to anyone that has a picture I might be able to use!!! :)
~Miss Paph

Do you have Photoshop? I sometimes edit out twist ties etc. and cropping the photo can usually remove any unwanted extras. If you've got a decent photo already, photo editing software might do the trick?

I start lots of morning glories from seed; last year I kept this Heavenly Blue in the house for the summer. I'll check to see at home tonight if I have a picture of it that's "cleaner".

DSCN09870001.jpg

I don't personally have Photoshop - I could sneak off to a lab during work and do it, but there's enough texture, I guess you might say, in the background that moving bits and pieces to cover objects I don't want would make it too obvious. Like the year my dad forgot to take off his sunglasses for an outdoor Christmas card photo...he got Sooo close, the first time you looked at it, you didn't notice anything, then you sorta did a double take, like....hmmm, what's wrong w/ that picture. LOL So in short, I think I could probably edit out a dandelion pretty well, but probably not quite to my satisfaction, so then I'd just keep dwelling on that little smudge under the card lettering.... If it comes down to it I might try instead to alter one of my pics of Flying Saucers to make the stripes more blue rather than the purple/blue streak that they are. My photo of those is really nice....

I have a beautiful blue variegated morning glory blooming right now. I will take some pics in the morning when they are open.

Wow, I didn't realize there was a multipetaled form! It's not what I had in mind for the picture, but I think I have a new plant to search out for the garden next year!

Gorgeous Tom, and a great idea MS. Paph! I like it.
I don't grow them now but love them and have in the past. No photos though, unfortunately!

You might think about doing an image search online and contacting a photographer who fits the bill, and asking, at last resort.

I thought this one was nice (though I have no idea the variety!)
MorningGlory.jpeg

http://www.alcorngallery.com/

I am on Vacation and saw several blue morning glories blooming....I will try to take some photos and post them when I get home next week .....do you want a mass of blooms, or close up?
Eric

Oo, that'd be awesome if you happen by them again Eric! A closeup or a mass bloom shot could be good really :) - the main thing I'd be looking for is that there was also some 'open' space in the photo to put lettering - something like one of the large heart shaped leaves in a closeup, or a fence or a wall to the side of several blooms - something that I could put writing over w/o it being too busy and changing colors so that I couldn't decide what color to make the lettering to get it to show up on the backdrop. I'm not actually sure How I did it, but my fall-back design is on a picture I took of a white double poppy, and the dark green leaves in the background actually faded out of focus, so that was really easy to write over in white lettering for a pretty postcard - but the white flower doesn't tie in w/ the theme nearly as well as the morning glory would!
Heather, that drawing is probably of Heavenly Blue :), it falls well w/in the variation I've seen in the cultivar w/ soil type and temp., and I think it's the most common variety available too - I saw a number of really nice photos on Flicker yesterday, but then I read further and found out you can't contact a member about using a photo unless you're also a member, and I'm not...so I may have to look into that too I guess.

:clap: !!! One of those should work wonderfully...now to decide which to choose! :) Very nice, and I think the rain added more to it than it took away! Oh yay! I know what my weekend project is now - getting cards designed and doing a sample printing:D Thank you so much!!!

Latest posts

Back