Phrag kovachii 'Goliath' x longifolium(won't be long)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too! Any updates yet, Gilda?

It is still moving up...since I took the picture almost 1/2 inch. I will picture it again toward the end of the week.
This bud has been very interesting as it was very "fat" when way down in the leaves....we were worried it was going to bloom down in the leaves. Still keeping my fingers X'd ...you never can tell when the dreaded "bud blast" might happen !

Update

Coming right along....it also has another new growth started on the opposite side. So, any guesses on when it will pop the bloom ?:)
kovachii-4.jpg

Thanks all ! Nothing fancy we did to the culture. We gave it the same as our other phrags...although, I must say all our phrags do quite well..must be the TN air and water !:)

Kevin, No, you won't win the plant if your guess is correct..:rollhappy: You will however be bombarded with PM's asking the question "Kevin, when is my phrag going to open "?

John M., I have never thought of orchids looking good enough to eat though..maybe it's because it's sitting on my dining table in the picture:D

I agree it is going to be sometime in October , but I sure wouldn't know what day to guess:)

Good for you Can't wait to see it . Looks like it will be a big size

Ray

I have seen many kovachii hybrids come to blooming but none of this cross.I would guesstimate that you may be only 2-3 weeks away from blooming. The plant is much different than the four crosses that I have seen bloom as well as the kovachii species that I have seen. I also have this cross and the growth pattern is also different from the one I have.

There are a few photos of this cross on the web. Very long lateral petals. :wink:

Can you post some links? I found one pic, but can't find it again. It didn't look that great to me, but that was only one plant.

Latest posts

Back