Phrag kovachii 'Goliath' x longifolium(won't be long)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
It won't be long before we see this bloom. I am anxious to see this bloom ,as there was some controversy as to whether this plant was a kovachii X when I posted pics of my kovachii X seedlings ,and how they were growing. We shall soon see if this bloom has Phrag kovachii in it !
Ebay_Aug23_08-9.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments !
I have to give my hubby credit though..he has cared for these since we got them last year. They spent the winter in a South/West bedroom window..weakly fertilized every watering with our tap water and then was placed outside in the shade house this spring where they got the same regime except it was rain water out there.

I have only had it in my grubby paws:evil: for a few weeks when we saw the spike emerging. We were afraid water might get dripped into the bud or worse yet a critter/bug would munch the bud . Keep your fingers X'd !!

How long have you had it, and what size was it when you got it? (Just to see how slow or fast they grow).

congratulations Gilda!!!! This is really very exciting! If it were mine I would start taking at least one pict every day now to see the bud develop and open!! Jean

This plant looks perfectly grown and I keep my fingers crossed (German say 'my thumbs pressed') for a P. kovachii cross. With this regard waiting can be agonizing! I'm looking forward to seeing flower pictures here, too.

BEst regards from Germany, rudolf

Kevin,
We got them last year in August. This one had an approx. leaf span of 4-5 inches. A very fast grower in my opinion.

Wow! That is fast! I have a Haley Decker that I got in the spring, that had an aprox 10" leaf span, so I could possibly see a flower within a year? I hope so.

Back