Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9155.JPG

That double flowering stem is a monstrous genetic mutation! E-spice, you can send it to me immediately for proper disposal! You're welcome!:wink:

Two flowers open simultaneously; awesome. What was the horizontal natural spread and petal width of the first flower?

Thanks for the complements everyone. I must say this is one of my favorites of all time. I really do love it.

Tom - NS is 10.8 cm and vertical height of each petal is 2.6 cm.

e-spice

This flower should be judged! It's larger than the `Cinnamon Fire' AM/AOS clone and has wider petals along with similar color. Any evidence of branching?

I really wish I could get it judged! Despite being a little disappointed by not having the opportunity to get it judged, I have REALLY enjoyed the flowers and getting to post pictures of the plant here. Hopefully, it'll keep growing okay for me and I can have it judged another time.

It doesn't have any branching on this flowering but is still a small plant (single growth in 3-inch pot). Maybe next time. My other flowering size Fireball branched on its last blooming.

Again, a huge thank you to you Tom - both for having the foresight to make this beautiful hybrid and for encouraging me to buy this one at Chicagoland 2009. I already had two Fireballs in the collection and wasn't thinking of getting another one but am really glad I did.

e-spice

Hopefully, it'll keep growing okay for me and I can have it judged another time.

Please keep us informed of this plant's progress and how it does on it's next blooming. If it's just a single growth now, I imagine that it won't be up to it's best effort until it's got 3 growths. Just imagine this flower improved! I've found with my Jason Fischers that the flower size just about doubled as the plants matured, as well as the overall form/quality. You might as well get an FCC instead of an HCC! :clap:

We're trying for three on one spike now. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It's snowing here in Tennessee tonight as you can see from the picture.

e-spice

IMG_9297.JPG

Very cool! How did you get that shot? It looks like the plant is actually outside in the snow!

Very cool! How did you get that shot? It looks like the plant is actually outside in the snow!

Thanks! I usually set the plant outside on the porch when I take pictures. There was some snow blowing around so I guess it kind of was out in the snow.

e-spice

Latest posts

Back