Red Phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I's like to get my hands on a Fox Valley Fireball, myself.

Tom had promised me one of his remaining plants, but that seems doubtful now.

I tried coordinating with Tom a few month ago and he mentioned all were gone from the nursery where he was keeping his plants. The only one left at the time was his awarded clone. It was priced at close to $500.. but I have not heard back from him for a bit. Hope he is doing OK. I he mentioned facing some health issues.

Any idea why no one has remade Fox valley Fireball?
I think the Rosalie Dixler clone was lost. And might have been tetraploid? Not sure about that. So the exact remake might be impossible. Sometimes a particular combination of clones is just magic and other grexes just suck.

A remake has been attempted. I know because I tried. :) And I think Chuck tried it again. The last couple years have been pretty rough for phrag flasking. I didn't get any back from the lab...

Although I have a spectacular Barbara Leann (in bloom now, actually) I either killed (or sent to Chuck, hopefully) my only Rosalie Dixler. And honestly there are newer hybrids that are an improvement on Rosalie Dixler so serious breeders (of which I am not) have probably moved on.

I think the Rosalie Dixler clone was lost. And might have been tetraploid? Not sure about that. So the exact remake might be impossible. Sometimes a particular combination of clones is just magic and other grexes just suck.

A remake has been attempted. I know because I tried. :) And I think Chuck tried it again. The last couple years have been pretty rough for phrag flasking. I didn't get any back from the lab...

Although I have a spectacular Barbara Leann (in bloom now, actually) I either killed (or sent to Chuck, hopefully) my only Rosalie Dixler. And honestly there are newer hybrids that are an improvement on Rosalie Dixler so serious breeders (of which I am not) have probably moved on.
I know Woodstream has an amazing Rosalie Dixler that has an FCC/AOS. I bet they have a good Barbara Leann too.

Latest posts

Back