Phrag. besseae 'Iccarus' (3N)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are 3 other clones from this cross:

Phrag. besseae 'Orpheus' (8.4 cm across, 3 cm wide petals):
PhragbesseaeOrpheus4170-28122010.jpg

The largest clone; Phrag. besseae 'Zeus' (9.5 cm across, 2.9 cm wide petals):
Phragbesseae3N4170-38122010.jpg

The smallest and lightest colored clone; Phrag. besseae 'Zina' (8.4 cm across, 2.4 cm wide petals):
Phragbesseae3N8122010.jpg

So you see they look pretty similar, even from different clone to clone.

In case you are curious what the parents are, here is a picture of 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS (4N):
PhragbesseaeRobsChoiceAMAOS-Flower-872006.jpg

and 'Fire Wings' (2N):
PhragbesseaeFireWIngs3132006.jpg

Robert

Nice! Those parents do look like a pretty sure bet, so I'm glad the cloned ones lived up to those great expectations!

Thanks for the reply, Rob. Those other plants from the same capsule are wonderful too. ....And, from the look of both parents, you were pretty sure to not choose a dog to clone!

What are these growing in, what kind of light and watering schedule? I see the moss in the pot so I'm a little confused.

With the plant Jason put it in a mixture of straight diatomite and rockwool, and had it sitting in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water. The moss just grew naturally on top of the pot. It seems like it is liking this media. The light is natural light in the greenhouse at intermediate light levels.

Robert

With the plant Jason put it in a mixture of straight diatomite and rockwool, and had it sitting in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water. The moss just grew naturally on top of the pot. It seems like it is liking this media. The light is natural light in the greenhouse at intermediate light levels.

Robert

Where are you getting the diatomite Rob?

Latest posts

Back