Phalaenopsis gigantea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Phalaenopsis gigantea

These are flowering twice a year because they are larger plants.

4bd8cdc203efe31442607e58a40c3ed0.jpg

92499ed955301a49084490530f35e830.jpg

Closeup
79dd26bae426a14f85c8497b6860bc6a.jpg

So gorgeous! One of these would look so awesome hanging in our front window....there just happen to be two ceiling hooks there too. :D

I always enjoy your posts about your giganteas. You are the Phal. gigantea master! Gorgeous plants!

Thank you all.
Dot - These are two plants. I have couple more in buds. When weather is cooler I can keep the shade cloth inside open. My orchids are get more light now compared to summer.

bigleaf, how warm do you keep your giganteas? I can't manage warmer temperatures than 20/21C / 68-70f during the day and 18C / 64f during the night this time of year. Do you think this may be too cold and could have contributed to my gigantea letting its flower spike dry up?

I'm blessed with a greenhouse and here in South (Texas) we get plenty of sunlight. Greenhouse is kept 65F night and 78F day this time of the year. Humidity is 70 (day) to 100 (Night). You may need to look at your humidity at night Ideally I like to keep these at minimum of 70F at night but that would be too costly on heating. With low humidity and cooler temperature. Make sure media isn't wet otherwise you could have a cooling effect Hearing mat is good for growing indoor in the winter. Keep the root system warm.

I'm blessed with a greenhouse and here in South (Texas) we get plenty of sunlight. Greenhouse is kept 65F night and 78F day this time of the year. Humidity is 70 (day) to 100 (Night). You may need to look at your humidity at night Ideally I like to keep these at minimum of 70F at night but that would be too costly on heating. With low humidity and cooler temperature. Make sure media isn't wet otherwise you could have a cooling effect Hearing mat is good for growing indoor in the winter. Keep the root system warm.

I only saw your post just now. Thank you for the tips. :)

Latest posts

Back