Paphiopedilum Saint Swithin X hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Here the attractive cross between Paph. Saint Swithin and Paph. hangianum the Paphiopedilum Palace Harmonie.

PaphiopedilumSaintSwithinXhangianumPflanze.jpg

PaphiopedilumSaintSwithinXhangianumb.jpg

PaphiopedilumSaintSwithinXhangianuma.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Terrible! Send it to me right away. BTW, I'm composing a nasty-gram to US fishery and Wildlife today about their archaic CITES interpretation.

It looks like a Super Gloria Naugle!

That is awesome Olaf. I love the colours on this one. (and I typically dont like the multiflorals)

Stunning beauty. :drool::drool::drool: So that's one for NYEric and one more for me. :)

Beautiful, is it a more rapid grower due to the use of St. Swithin? Or is it as slow growing as (rothschildianum x hangianum) ?

The (Parvisepalum group x Corypetalum group) hybrids are lovely when you get a good one, but often they are rather slow growing and have a high percentage of mis-shapen flowers.

Have you noticed which multi-floral parent gives easier growing results?

This hybrid grows better and flowers easier then the cross with Paph. rothschildianum, Paph. Alexej.
Olaf

nice! and interesting to see this clon, with much better petals (and pouch) than all other pictures of this cross I have seen before..

BTW, I'm composing a nasty-gram to US fishery and Wildlife today about their archaic CITES interpretation.

Me too. I wonder why the USFWS interpretation can't be challenged as restriction of trade under NAFTA. Either by the US vendors being restricted from trading in the Canadian legal orchids or the Canadians being locked out of the lucrative US market by the US's atypical interpretation. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back