Paphiopedilum fairrieanum 'Big Red' x 'Turban King'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So good to see images of your plant.
We just had a judges talk this past weekend on Paphiopedilum fairrieanum. It was very interesting to say the least!
Let me say this up front, fairrieanum is in a class by itself! It is an intricate and beautiful species, essentially one of a kind. A slight twist to the dorsal, downswept petals, intense striping are all hallmarks of this species. I love to compare fairrieanum against other fairrieanums. They can be very beautiful!
They will never be full, flat, round flowers. What they are are fairrieanums. Judge them as fairrieanums. Beauty personified!!! ❤️😍💕
Yours has deep rich color highlighted for me by that rich, bronze top half of the pouch. I love it!! Thank you show much for sharing your images!! 👍

This fairrie looks great, Sylvain and the photos are great, too. 👌
May I ask of the flower size. These flowers look bigger than the average in your photos ... or is the size normal ?

Hi all, thank you very much for your kind comments.

@big923cattleya: you're welcome, it's a pleasure to share our passion, and I agree 100% with what you say, this species is apart and among my favorites. 👍

@GuRu: Thank you Rudolf. Maybe I took my picture a little bit more closer than usual. The flower is approximately 72mm high (from the tips of the dorsal sepal and the synsepal) and 60mm wide (between the tips of the petals). Not that big actually, is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back