Quantcast

Paphiopedilum Oberhausen's Rubin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

emydura

Reaction score
Only the second time I have flowered this. The first time was five years ago with one flower. It is a very slow grower. Orchid Zone breeding. The plant is very compact. The petals are 26 cm in length.

Paph Oberhausens Rubin (sanderianum 'Ray' x wilhelminiae 'Black Magic')

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Love the twisting petals from the sanderianum.

Seems like multflorals take 3 or more years to mature their growths.

musa

Reaction score
It is worth waiting! Marvelous twist of the petals!

blondie

Reaction score
That is spectacular, just a shame that some of these hybrids are so slow growing

Guldal

Reaction score
Gorgeous, David! That wilhelminea really seems to work its dark art on the sanderianum, but with such an outcome, who would take it to trial! 👻
And by the way, that plant looks so healthy and wellgrown, Oh, Thou, Paph-conjurer of the Southern hemisphere! 😉

emydura

Reaction score
Agreed, the petals are approaching perfection. Bloom it with 4 and get it awarded :)
Four flowers is a big ask with this plant. I will be rapt if I can get three. Not sure about award quality. The dorsal is not great (a bit wavy) and the pouch is all sanderianum. It has good colour and the petals are excellent.

emydura

Reaction score
Gorgeous, David! That wilhelminea really seems to work its dark art on the sanderianum, but with such an outcome, who would take it to trial! 👻
And by the way, that plant looks so healthy and wellgrown, Oh, Thou, Paph-conjurer of the Southern hemisphere! 😉
Thanks Jens. I have been growing this plant since 2007, and this is only the second time I have flowered it. So I don't feel like I am growing it that well. :)

richgarrison

Reaction score
Not sure about award quality. The dorsal is not great (a bit wavy) and the pouch is all sanderianum
funny how critical we can be of our own stuff.... those petals and the stance are enough to make me smile... good luck on your continued growing...

setaylien

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Jens. I have been growing this plant since 2007, and this is only the second time I have flowered it. So I don't feel like I am growing it that well. :)
You have only flowered it twice in 13 years but this is due to the very deliberate growth in your plant's case, not due to poor culture. Congratulations on re-flowering: I think it was worth waiting for!