Paphiopedilum Oberhausen's Rubin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Only the second time I have flowered this. The first time was five years ago with one flower. It is a very slow grower. Orchid Zone breeding. The plant is very compact. The petals are 26 cm in length.

Paph Oberhausens Rubin (sanderianum 'Ray' x wilhelminiae 'Black Magic')

oberhausen%27s%20rubin.jpg

Gorgeous, David! That wilhelminea really seems to work its dark art on the sanderianum, but with such an outcome, who would take it to trial! 👻
And by the way, that plant looks so healthy and wellgrown, Oh, Thou, Paph-conjurer of the Southern hemisphere! 😉

Agreed, the petals are approaching perfection. Bloom it with 4 and get it awarded :)

Four flowers is a big ask with this plant. I will be rapt if I can get three. Not sure about award quality. The dorsal is not great (a bit wavy) and the pouch is all sanderianum. It has good colour and the petals are excellent.

Gorgeous, David! That wilhelminea really seems to work its dark art on the sanderianum, but with such an outcome, who would take it to trial! 👻
And by the way, that plant looks so healthy and wellgrown, Oh, Thou, Paph-conjurer of the Southern hemisphere! 😉

Thanks Jens. I have been growing this plant since 2007, and this is only the second time I have flowered it. So I don't feel like I am growing it that well. :)

Not sure about award quality. The dorsal is not great (a bit wavy) and the pouch is all sanderianum

funny how critical we can be of our own stuff.... those petals and the stance are enough to make me smile... good luck on your continued growing...

Thanks Jens. I have been growing this plant since 2007, and this is only the second time I have flowered it. So I don't feel like I am growing it that well. :)
You have only flowered it twice in 13 years but this is due to the very deliberate growth in your plant's case, not due to poor culture. Congratulations on re-flowering: I think it was worth waiting for!

Latest posts

Back