Paphiopedilum Naive Saint

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
64324329-C74E-48CE-9958-35422BBD1D92.jpeg 632340C8-3D01-40CE-958F-60F514E73067.jpeg Paphiopedilum Naive Saint
niveum x Saint Swithin

I mostly grow phrags and I know very little about paphs. I do have 5 in my collection and this first bloom seedling was picked up from the members sales table a few years back at the NCOS show.

First blooms are always tough to get right, maybe the remaining buds will have an easier time. The plant also spiked way off in left field, I was going to try and push and stake it back but the spike is so stiff, it almost felt stuck and I was reluctant to push it. I would love feedback, not sure it’s my type of thing. Probably not going to keep it around long.

Pete

Martha, she got it somewhere in Florida. Something about kissimmee. I’m barely recalling the convo, but the plant was in great shape and the foliage was spectacular.

Nice you bloomed it. Many of these types of crosses are so reluctant to do so. This is also a fairly rare hybrid congrats.

I just repotted a seedling of this cross and was wondering what it would look like. Thanks for the post. The third flower looks like it will be just as nice too.

I do like that flower ...

any chance this is a Springwater progeny from Tranh?

no clue. I’m trying to find out. I’ll post if the society member I purchased it from gets back to me. She’s been sitting on a few for a while now and I guess this was the first to bloom.

I was just informed that this ‘came from a flask from a Paph Forum about 15 yrs ago from Ratcliff, who had just moved to Fla from England.’

you all probably know more about this than me. Before my time and not a genus I follow close, I hope this helps.

Love it. Thanks for sharing. One of my favorite types of hybrids, I probably have a few but they are hard to bloom, but if you ever want to get rid of it. Yes, when Paul and his wife came to the US, Kerry Richards/A World of Orchids, helped them out at his business in Kissimee, unfortunately that went south a while ago, with many bad feelings.

Latest posts

Back