Paph venustum fma measuresianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to share another family picture. One flower open another one in the making...
Very similar to my lawrenceanum fma hyeanum picture I also see the slight reddish hue at the end of the petals when I take the picture in my dark walled area with cool white ring LED; but when I take a picture in daylight this hue is gone. I am considering it without anthocyanin so a perfect albino. I still prefer the black background pictures versus the daylight ones but I really need to find better lightning.

ven1.jpgven2.jpg

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
I like these flowers with a veining on the pouch like a brain. Not to forget the lovely mottled leaves as well as the good photo..👌
I struggle with the same light problem in these days.....inside there isn't enough light to take a good photo with a black background (even with all artificial light).....but as long as my Acer palmatum has its leaves it's outside a good and blurred background under daylight.

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My AOS final judging paper is on venustums and hopefully will be published in the Jan/Feb 2022 Orchids Magazine issue. There are very interesting info that I discovered during this 'PhD' thesis research that might surprise many people. Particularly about the genetics of the black-brown spot/wart inheritance in the albums.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
My AOS final judging paper is on venustums and hopefully will be published in the Jan/Feb 2022 Orchids Magazine issue. There are very interesting info that I discovered during this 'PhD' thesis research that might surprise many people. Particularly about the genetics of the black-brown spot/wart inheritance in the albums.
What a cliff hanger Leslie !!! hope to read more on slippertalk at a later date...

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Leslie, looking forward to the article. Proposed promotion date?