Paph venustum fma measuresianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to share another family picture. One flower open another one in the making...
Very similar to my lawrenceanum fma hyeanum picture I also see the slight reddish hue at the end of the petals when I take the picture in my dark walled area with cool white ring LED; but when I take a picture in daylight this hue is gone. I am considering it without anthocyanin so a perfect albino. I still prefer the black background pictures versus the daylight ones but I really need to find better lightning.

ven1.jpgven2.jpg

I like these flowers with a veining on the pouch like a brain. Not to forget the lovely mottled leaves as well as the good photo..👌
I struggle with the same light problem in these days.....inside there isn't enough light to take a good photo with a black background (even with all artificial light).....but as long as my Acer palmatum has its leaves it's outside a good and blurred background under daylight.

My AOS final judging paper is on venustums and hopefully will be published in the Jan/Feb 2022 Orchids Magazine issue. There are very interesting info that I discovered during this 'PhD' thesis research that might surprise many people. Particularly about the genetics of the black-brown spot/wart inheritance in the albums.

My AOS final judging paper is on venustums and hopefully will be published in the Jan/Feb 2022 Orchids Magazine issue. There are very interesting info that I discovered during this 'PhD' thesis research that might surprise many people. Particularly about the genetics of the black-brown spot/wart inheritance in the albums.
What a cliff hanger Leslie !!! hope to read more on slippertalk at a later date...

Latest posts

Back