My Blooming Beauties

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirGo

having a soft spot for albino slipper species
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to share a picture of my current blooming Paphs!
Really feeling grateful that 7% of my in-house grown collection is in flower at the same time, and even two new ones I have not yet posted before as they are first time flowering seedlings. From left to right:
Paph. callosum fma. viridiflorum 'Small Type' (albino)
Paph. hennisianum fma. christiansenii (albino)
Paph. thaianum
Paph. papuanum fma. alexejanum (albino - "bought as" but to be confirmed , progressing VERY slow)
Paph. helenae fma. aureum (albino)
Paph. lawrenceanum fma. hyeanum (albino)
Paph. godefroyae fma. album (albino)

2023 April.jpg

WOW Dirk, what an great display.... I like them all. 👌 These plants look all very healthy. Would be nice to see the P. papuanum fma. a. in flower some day.So when these 7 plants are 7% of your collection you grow altogether 100 plants....almost all albinos ? Last question regarding the same tags...are all plants from the same source or do you write your own tags.

Last edited:
WOW Dirk, what an great display.... I like them all. 👌 These plants look all very healthy. Would be nice to see the P. papuanum fma. a. in flower some day.So when these 7 plants are 7% of your collection you grow altogether 100 plants....almost all albinos ? Lasz question regarding the same tags...are all plants from the same source or do you write your own tags.
Thank for the nice comments Rudolf, and always happy to share
That papuanum seedling I bought in 2020 took ages to mature, and now it looks like the flower also also takes his time to open... I really hope it proves to be "tag genuine" and doesn't blast on me before opening... when successful I will dedicate a separate post on it for sure.

I grow indoor and my space alllows around 100 plants maximum a bit depending of their size and 60+ are different forms of albino's, mainly albino species.

The tags I create myself. I just like the consistency in labels form & color. As I don't have fear UV discoloration from sunlight I can use a labeler (transparant on a green colored label) and permanent marker written code on the back size. It is a proven recipe I am using 10+ years.

What a happy family!

A papuanum album (TBA) in spike shows great growing skills. I am impressed!
Thank you Leslie, really appreciated. Together with my purpuratum album earlier this is for sure on my list of challenging albino species I have flowered. I just hope I am not counting my chickens before they're hatched. It needs to open, it needs to be papuanum and it needs to be free of anthocyanin to be albino... still a long way to go...

Leslie, what about the albino forms of henryanum and stonei, not to speak of micranthum fma. glanzeanum?

Wonderful - and iImpressive collection, Dirk!

(Is there a sukhakulii among the lot?)
Very true Jens.

I was referring only to the most difficult one to get.

🙏🙏 Thanks for all the likes and the very nice comments.

There are indeed more albino seedlings growing in my collection but not yet big enough to bloom. Finding them at a reasonable price & growing them to maturity is a labor of patience as you all know, but I will post for sure when they bloom and they proof to be correctly named (more than once they proof to be something else)

And luckily there are still a lot of albinos on my wishlist: armeniacum, vietnamense, henryanum, besseae, exul, emersonii, hangianum, moquetteanum, tigrinum/markianum... the list seems endless, but for me the journey is the most important part of my hobby. What would be left to achieve if you have them all and they all flower every year ;)

Latest posts

Back