Paph. Sarien x Rothschildianum 'Rex '

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayb

Reaction score
OrchidPictures002-3.jpg

OrchidPictures001-2.jpg

Interesting cross. What are the parents of Paph Sarien? I can't find it on RHS.

Hi Kevin,

I couldn't find anything on it either You can't see it but the stem has bumps along it. I should have taken a side view too because the side of the pouch looks different.

Ray

Hi Dot,
It's a sequential bloomer by the looks of it. I should have asked more about it when I purchased it but the salesperson didn't seem to knowledgable Thanks for looking. I really should show the striping on the sides of the pouch but i'm not doing so well these days.

Ray

Hi Dot,
It's a sequential bloomer by the looks of it. I should have asked more about it when I purchased it but the salesperson didn't seem to knowledgable Thanks for looking. I really should show the striping on the sides of the pouch but i'm not doing so well these days.

Ray
Thanks, Ray. I hope you are not ill.

I like the pattern on the pouch -- it's different than most I've seen.

I think it's something from sec Barbata onto roths. Certainly not a successive (Cochlo) in there. The leaves are too mottled and lacks the bulbous Cochlo pouch.

-Ernie

I think it's something from sec Barbata onto roths. Certainly not a successive (Cochlo) in there. The leaves are too mottled and lacks the bulbous Cochlo pouch.

-Ernie

I agree totally. It is something from the barbata group crossed with roths. Which Barbata is the million dollar question.

David

Learn somethin' new everyday! Thanks! Greater chance for deformities/misshapened flowers?
WHEW (I think) - mine are all smooth & hairy!

Latest posts

Back