Paph rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First time I have flowered this seedling and the 4th roth I have flowered overall. This one is better than the photos suggest. It has more of a WOW factor than the roth I posted last week. The flowers are larger and the pouch has a more intense red colour than any of the roths I have flowered so far. The pouch colour is truly wonderful in person. I don't know what the breeding is. I believe it originated from Taiwan.

I bought this plant off John Robertson at least 12 years ago. It was a NFS plant, maybe 2-3 years from flowering. For about 10 years it did nothing. In fact, it went backwards and eventually got rot. It then sent up a small new lead but I'd totally given up on the plant. Around that time I changed my fertiliser regime and that small lead grew and flowered within 3 years.

A superb clone David. Any chance seeing it in natural light?

I cut the spike off a few days ago. My friend, who was looking after the greenhouse while I was away, took some photographs for me as well. I haven't got those yet. I assume she just took those in the greenhouse or maybe just outside.

The photos above are with natural light under a pergola. No artificial light was used.

what was the change?

Lots of Ca and Mg and less K. Also I use foliar fertilises a lot.

Really nice and amazing patience from your side, and resilience from the roth's side. Good rescue. :D

You just don't see saves everyday but when you do, you got to love it. Great job. Wouldn't it be nice when you buy a NBS plant the seller gives you the receipe so you don't have to start over from scratch?

Back