Paph. Primulinum v. liltii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
It has a third spike coming up. Nice plant. I know there will be discussion vs. liltii & pururascens, but I wanted to show the liltii's orangish pouch. I don't know if it is truly a separate variety, but I do like this one.

Paph_primulinum-liltii.jpg

Very nice Dot! I had to look it up, as I had never heard of var. liltii, but acording to Braem, liltii is identical to Paph. primulinum forma purpurascens. I sure cannot see a difference.

Robert

Very nice Dot! I had to look it up, as I had never heard of var. liltii, but acording to Braem, liltii is identical to Paph. primulinum forma purpurascens. I sure cannot see a difference.

Robert

I'm finding it hard to see a difference also, the only thing I can find that is different ( apart from coloring but this could be due to out crossing ) is that purpurascens has 'spotting' on the petals in the majority of cases whereas liltii has '? vertical barring' on the petals close to the pouch if thats a difference of note??

I also heard that there was supposed to be a foliage difference too. Can you post a picture of the leaves too Dot? I do like those flowers:clap::clap:

Not a valid variety. A trade name. The plants are supposed to be smaller than normal prim pur, but I've seen the whole range in both.

-Ernie

Mine actually came tagged as Paph liltii. I believe I posted it here earlier this year.

Edit: actually I see it has been referenced in the post above.

You must look back at this thread where one of are members gives a detailed discription of both. Which if it is true, then almost all cultivars in collections are the var. liltii and not purpurascens. Only time and more plants blooming will tell.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8225&highlight=liltii&page=2

Yes This was the thread that I was although thinking about with reference to the foliage difference.

I had some more offline conversation with Benilaca which made me more confused, but supposedly there should be a plant that has foliage like a dwarf moquetianum.

I got my liltii's from the original Rand's ad. They are (were..I have one survivor) definitely very small plants. Slightly smaller than most of the typical primulinum alba's....a blooming plants can be less than 6" in spread.

Beautifully grown Dot. Is there a thread where we get a in depth "tour" of your grow area and methods. If not, would ya do one? Something you're doing is very right. :clap:

Latest posts

Back