Paphiopedilum Joyce Hasegawa 2024 Blooming

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum Joyce Hasegawa (delenatii x emersonii)

20240127_160744.jpg

20240127_160752.jpg

20240127_160833.jpg

20240127_160901.jpg

This plant hasn't bloomed since 2019 (based on checking the date of my prior post). I suppose I will not see it bloom again, as either it or I will likely be dead before then if the current trend continues.

Lovely flower. This came from an IOSPE auction many years ago. I'm just glad it grows and blooms, to be honest.

This time around I'm getting 2 spikes, each with 2 blooms. The photo shows the first flower to open. Photo quality isn't the greatest and for sure my camera does not capture the stunning, yet delicate, color of the pouch.

The flower is lightly fragrant. This time around it basically smells the same as P. delenatii (lemony-rosey floral). Last time, I'm almost certain the fragrance was quite different. And I don't think it's an issue with my memory. But who knows?

Last edited:
....... I suppose I will not see it bloom again, as either it or I will likely be dead before then if the current trend continues.....
Lovely flower and the plant looks healthy ... so your words seem to sound really pessimisticly for yourself. I hope it isn't that way...all the best to the both of you.

Last edited:
Back