Paph. Philippinense x paph. Emerald

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful colours, but am I the only one who find this cross slightly morbid? Those petals look somewhat slightly decaying in a rather depraved way... I think the perfect name for the hybrid would be Paphiopedilum Salomé (just after she kissed the lips of the severed head of St. John the Baptist...as put forth by Oscar Wilde)! 💋

Last edited:
Wonderful colours, but am I the only one who find this cross slightly morbid? Those petals look somewhat slightly decaying in a rather depraved way... I think the perfect name for the hybrid would be Paphiopedilum Salomé (just after she kissed the lips of the severed head of St. John the Baptist...as put forth by Oscar Wilde)! 💋

j’ai baisé ta bouche, Iokanaan, j’ai baisé ta bouche. Il y avait une âcre saveur sur tes lèvres. Était-ce la saveur du sang?

Ich hab Deinen Mund geküsst

Is is a first time bloomer?
I find the color quite attractive. In the top image the petal length looks almost even. The bottom one not so much. Could be the angle of photography. Top image looks to be more straight on.
How is the dorsal? Both look to me to be slightly twisted and leaning right. But like I said, nice color. And to be honest, I love all the hairs and the little ‘warts’ on the petals.
It has potential. 👍👍👍

Latest posts

Back