Paph philippinense/roebelinii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
From Tom-DE when he was thinning out his collection of large plants. This is an old line-bred cross from Antec, 'Grace' X 'Candor's Red Streamers' I will continue to update as more open.

Paph%20philippinense%20TomDE1_zpss4thngpj.jpg

Paph%20philippinense%20TomDE2_zps51ikpfjr.jpg

Worth breeding with!!! Comparing roebelinii plant size to laevigatum can you post the whole plant please?

Sheen, that's good Stephen. I didn't pickup on that. What I've done in the past is photograph the plants with just the overhead fluorscent lights but in rescent times I've added the light from my cell phone to elmenate shadows from the bottom side. That must be the source of the sheen.

I'm not always a phil "phan" (yikes...I know), but I love the dustier yellow pouch color of this one! Sometimes the colors of other philippinense flowers don't do it for me...

David

Very nice Rick

I have a plant from the same cross. The flowers were similar from memory. It has been a dog of a thing to grow. I have flowered it once, many years ago. The main plant rotted but a small division survived and it is now growing well. I expect it may flower later this year.

Latest posts

Back