Paph Iantha Stage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely. This hybrid seems to have gone out of fashion for some reason. It seemed to be common for a while, but I can't remember the last time someone posted one on this forum. I don't know why. It can be a great hybrid.

I have had quite a number of these over the years and concur on the bloom shyness. I selected this one for plant size as it is only 9 inches wide. Most of the others I have grown had fans up to twice as wide. It will be fun to watch it as it matures.

I concur. I'm in a similar part of the US as paphman and many/most intersectional roth crosses have a reputation as being difficult (or slow) to bloom, so I see this as quite an accomplishment!

This is a very lovely hybrid and it would be awesome if they were more widely grown (and flowered). This does sound like a relatively compact cultivar. As I'm sure you're aware, they can be relatively large growing plants and take up lots of space.

Of course the foliage is another big draw for this hybrid, but it's a tougher sale within the genus Paphiopedilum given how many other species and hybrids have similarly beautiful (if not more beautiful) foliage and which happen to also be easier to grow and bloom in general.

Perhaps it's the lighting or the camera playing tricks, but I love how yellow this cultivar is!

Latest posts

Back