Paph.gigantifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iweyshen

249396_1375847651513_1691510078_619016_686561_n.jpg

DSW:3.9cm

That is a nice one! I described the species .... it looks nice than the type I had .. I wish you would try to self it and make the seedlings available

IMHO this issue should be overcome by you folks ignoring it. (But that's just me). I've had enough of these people standing around (if they'd be standing....hanging about is more like it) in the way of preseving these plants by propagation.....

Cool! I never realized how dark the backs of the sepals are in this species. The buds look almost black!

I have always been a supporter of exsitu propagation, and selfing this beautiful specimen of gigantifolium gets my vote. YES.

Awesome flowers! Congratulations!

OK, not to inflame this thread, but if you did produce seedlings, wouldn't they still be illegal in the states?

Beautiful flower BTW.

I don't think Iweyshen needs to care about that. He's located in Taiwan, isn't he?

Iwewshen; if you do produce flasks, please add me to your customer list! I'd love some seedlings from that plant!:clap:

BTW: Does anybody know what happened to Sam Tsui's plants that were confiscated? As I understand it, they were imported completely legally with all the correct paperwork that was required at the time; but, at some point later, some bureaucratic nit-wit decided that they should not have been allowed and Sam's plants were taken from him by USFW. Where did these plants go? Did the authorities send them to a rescue centre? Did they destroy them?

BTW: Does anybody know what happened to Sam Tsui's plants that were confiscated? As I understand it, they were imported completely legally with all the correct paperwork that was required at the time; but, at some point later, some bureaucratic nit-wit decided that they should not have been allowed and Sam's plants were taken from him by USFW. Where did these plants go? Did the authorities send them to a rescue centre? Did they destroy them?

Sam selfed gigantifolium 'dark warrior' and was allowed to sell the seedlings..they are out there

Latest posts

Back