Paph Chiu Hua Dancer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melisa

Reaction score
This is the first orchid that I bought and also the first I have bloomed on my own! It's not perfect, but I love it!

9M26AI.jpg

Very nice!! Keep in mind that sanderianum and gigantifolium are both lithophytes, They can grow bright, also keeping the humidity over 50 percent will increase the life of your flowers, I use a ultrasonic humidifier, they last 2 years

Thank you! Troy, I am using an ultrasonic humidifier and two small fans for circulation. The humidity stays around 70%. I didn't know that it keeps blooms longer. Hopefully they stay around for a while! Around 3 or 4 weeks is typical for blooms, right?

Very nice!! Keep in mind that sanderianum and gigantifolium are both lithophytes, They can grow bright, also keeping the humidity over 50 percent will increase the life of your flowers, I use a ultrasonic humidifier, they last 2 years

Being lithophytes, would they benefit from an addition of dolomite to the mix?

I sprinkle pelletized dolomite lime on top of the mix every couple of months and it seems to be doing well with it. I use some spaghnum in my mix so it helps raise the pH too.

melisa - I have recently acquired a couple of young Paph. Chiu Hua Dancer plants. Have you noticed any difference in rate of growth, or cultural conditions from other paphs?

Latest posts

Back