Paph bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Hello again . Here is another Paph I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on . It's a first flowering seedling Paph bellatulum . The shape isn't perfect . But I like the colour and it's a nice large flower .

Cheers again
Ryan :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 73
To me... Its nice. What I like about it is the unique spotting on the dorsal. Quite different than the rest of the flower. I tend to keep the plants in my collection because of their individual uniqueness and how I see beauty in each one of them and not by the judging standards these days. (I don't bring my plants to judging anyways)

Thanks David . I actually grow all my paphs semi hydroponically . The brachys and parvis especially thrive in this culture . I honestly haven't had any dramas with my brachys since switching over 3 or 4 years ago . Hope that's helpful .
Ryan

Just straight hydro clay balls .. But I'm experimenting with the addition of 25% jumbo perlite across the board with very encouraging results !! :)

I actually like the shape, more interesting than the usual bellatulum. Color's good as well.

Another unique feature is the slight roll back of the petals. Probably giving the flower a more flat appearence. So many bellas are cuppy.
The only way I can keep my bella alive is by S/H growing. It just doesn't want to bloom:(

I have fans running on mine 24/7 . I heard that works so I tried it and it worked . They seem to like large different in day and night temps .. And very cool nights . That's been my experience .
Ryan

Latest posts

Back