Paph. anitum deflasked in pictures

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Dot and Wendy.

Well, I didn't get any reply on my request about that Inocucor. If anybody knows how to get it in Canada, please let me know.

New growths on multigrowth plants can rech FS in 4-5 years, which is pretty slow already. But nothing compared to rising them up from seed where you will have to wait 15 years as I was told by a Taiwan grower. But don't forget that roths took almost the same time before ppl started to propagate and cross them for flower quality and vigor. The fastest roths at the moment are around 4.5 years, so most likely the anitums will become easier to grow and keep alive very soon. I have an anitum that is very vigorous for example compared to the others and it is growing almost twice as fast. It will bloom more often and the most vigorous progenies will bloom first, get pollinated, produce fast progenies and so on...

Well. I am on my way to destroying them. Yesterday the large phal that was creating shade turned over right on the tray with seedlings. At least 4 plantlets had their leaves broken and badly bruised. I sprinkled damages with cinnamon, but they will probably die. Damn it...

Just un update on my anitum flask. Count is still 16, so they did survive the crash of phalaenopsis pot onto tray which resulted in few broken tops/leaves and total re-arrangement. They lost bottom leaves, I don't see much growth in the foliage but they seem to be straightening up a bit.

paph_anitum_june23_2015.jpg

One of the plants with broken top is even growing a new leaf (in the front of the tray):

paph_anitum_june23_2015_2.jpg

paph_anitum_june23_2015_3.jpg

These are anitum seedlings now, still alive but..... They were a bit overgrown in flask and had long narrow leaves from beginning. I expected the new leaves to be normal width but they appear quite narrow too, so I think I am doing something wrong. What is it? Too much light, too little light, not enough ferts?
any idea? Thanks.

anitums.jpg

I think they are on a good way. Even the bigger anitums tend to slow down their growth without any reason you might think. Well, it still is a difficult species and we have to accept that I guess.
"Too much light, too little light, not enough ferts?" I don't think that it is a good idea to give them fertilizer at all since it can kill the roots fast. If you are using rain or RO water it might be ok to give them very very low fert conc. tough.
Light shouldn't be a problem with anitum. Under my conditions they grow well under normal roth light intensity as well as under phal light int.

Seems to be very healthy, don't wet foliage, don't use the quart of engrais you imagined to use the less is
the better:evil::clap:

I think they are on a good way. Even the bigger anitums tend to slow down their growth without any reason you might think. Well, it still is a difficult species and we have to accept that I guess.
"Too much light, too little light, not enough ferts?" I don't think that it is a good idea to give them fertilizer at all since it can kill the roots fast. If you are using rain or RO water it might be ok to give them very very low fert conc. tough.
Light shouldn't be a problem with anitum. Under my conditions they grow well under normal roth light intensity as well as under phal light int.

I agree about the roots -- i do fertilize mine but at half the strength of what i use for my other orchids...so half strength of my usual 1/16-1/4 tsp of 30-10-10. constant moisture for the roots (i keep mine wet) and low light.

Latest posts

Back