P. delenatii & P. delenatii v. dunkel bud watch begins...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1060535_zpsbfc4fc8a.jpg

I think the delenatii may have 3 buds! Take a really close look:
P1060536_zps5ecb7098.jpg

(Sorry for the bad coloration of the picture on this one.)

It has what looks like the beginning of another bud, but if it's going to become anything, I'm not so sure. Let's keep our fingers crossed shall we? :D

Hmm... Not so sure if the 3rd bud is going to do anything. I took the 2 pictures below to show how much the spike grows in 24 hours- 1/2 an inch. That seems fast to me. I've noticed that my delenatii seems to grow its spikes faster than phals or other paphs.

P1060547_zps9141016b.jpg

P1060550_zpsf9e7df20.jpg

The spike has grown quite a bit more since the last picture was taken.

It grows spikes very quickly but takes FOREVER to open its blooms! The first bud started to open on April 4 and its still not open and I can't see the pouch yet.

P1060579_zpscd372051.jpg

P1060581_zps7f8f15d9.jpg

Here you can see how it is secured to the stake. Should I move the clip up higher onto the seed pod? Or will it straighten up more?
P1060580_zpsecb67157.jpg

I got some pollinia from one of Leo's sanderianums to make Paph. Sacagawea's Slippers (which I will eventually cross back into sanderianum). I want to enjoy the blooms as long as possible. I have a few questions. Should I pollinate the first or second bloom? How long can I enjoy the bloom before I should pollinate it? If I pollinate the first bloom, will it lose the second bud?

hmmm.. looking good. I have one in bloom with 2 flowers as well. When it started opening, it took only a few days to fully open. I think 5 days max.

Latest posts

Back