Who says you need cooler temperature in the fall to bud your Cymbidium goeringii?? The internet?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Who says you need cooler temperature in the fall to bud your Cymbidium goeringii?? The internet? Cymbidium goeringii "Kourin" (Japanese variety wth orange flower) 日本春蘭「光琳」朱金花
1. The status of the plant: medium dark green leaves, the perfect colour for a Cymbidium goeringii.
2: The plant is planted where the pseudobulbs are somewhat covered.
3. Uncover an inch or two of the East Asian Cymbidium Mix and I find two white flower buds developing on a 2 year old growth (for now) below the soil surface, I have not checked last year's growth.
This is a very cute variety, the leafspan is only 20-25cm, produces cute orange flowers with lotus petals. This will be the fourth year budding/blooming in a row. Last year, it produced 2 buds, but I snipped them off to give it a rest. This is one of the 5 varieties that have started the flower bud formation, they will bloom in Spring 2024. So do not believe what the internet tells you. It is budding in the height of the summer where it is 25C-30C every day (day time high) in Toronto, Canada.1691110655623.png1691110670306.png

Attachments

• Kourin flower buds 2023 summer.jpg
    Kourin flower buds 2023 summer.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back