Cymbidium goeringii buds (Merry Christmas)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Cymbidium goeringii: Buds all look fresh and juicy, here are 4 out of 20 varieties that have buds. The room goes down as low as 6C nightly before vernalization. Just started vernalization a couple of days ago, the temperature needs to go down a little bit more. Still has a long way to go but I have started counting down on the days they bloom in the spring……one bud is looking a bit ahead (the white bud), the bud has gotten fat horizonally, concidently, it is one of the early bloomers, let’s hope this one can bloom for the SOOS show (Toronto) in Feb.

Cym. goeringii Kourin 光琳 (Japanese variety, orange flower) -The flower sheath remains white, started to fatten horizontally, and has started to elongate from the base. The bud has lost its bamboo shape (cynlindral shape). It looks fuller and you can see the flower petals inside the bud from the white transluscent sheath. Early bloomer. Easy to grow and bloom, a reliable bloomer.
1703566909493.png

Cymbidium goeringii "He Shen Mei" (Chinese) 賀神梅 still has a long way to go.
1703566869919.png

3. Cymbidium goeringii "Taegeukseon" 태극선(太極扇). Orange flower with green marginal variegation. It still has a long way to go. By the way the flower bud has elongated from the base (before flower stem elongation), I think this plant will produce a tall stem (I hope).
1703566877437.png

4. Cymbidium goeringii "Ikkyuu" (Japanese) 一休 green flower with round petals. This is probably the best Japanese soshin varieties (green flower with a pure white lip). This variety is highly ranked on the Japanese Cym. goeringii Meikan Chart.

1703566890860.png

Latest posts

Back