Orchiata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say long term, for me anyway is more than 12 months. I have been adjusting my media over the last year, as I have moved to a new place. 1,100 feet higher, maybe double the rainfall, more wind, less sun, and much cooler. So far the mix I am using is 2 parts pinus radiata, one park CHC, and one part #3 perlite. This is adjusted from my previous mix of equal parts of the same components. Before that it was 2 parts Orchiata to 1 part #3 perlite. Today I potted about 30 assorted Phrags from 2" up to 4". All had great roots with new ones starting more often than not. None of the media appeared to be breaking down; they went from plugs to 2" about 6 months ago. I think they were about 8 months out of flask when I got them. I have noticed a significant growth spurt in all of my plants when I switched to a ammonia/urea based fertilizer, I can't recall seeing that kind of improvement using any other type of fertilizer with Orchiata...

Latest posts

Back