Quantcast

New problem on Lc. Dinard ‘Blue Heaven’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

southernbelle

Reaction score
Beautiful sheath formed then all of a sudden yellowed. 10” pot well rooted, I don’t think I under-watered, watering every 8 days.
Help, I have another new cane with sheath forming. I don’t want to lose it too. 17167509-D14D-4DC9-9926-C42CEC2B0FCF.jpeg

terryros

Reaction score
Deb - that doesn’t mean you will lose the bud development. Sheaths can fully dry up and still bloom. My Arthos (Dinard x trianae) has a fully dried sheath that I have cut back and the buds are developing at the bottom. Your plant has great roots and growths.

monocotman

Reaction score
I agree. Don’t panic. Just continue to treat your plant normally. Some sheaths stay green and others turn brown. Both can flower normally,
David

southernbelle

Reaction score
I agree. Don’t panic. Just continue to treat your plant normally. Some sheaths stay green and others turn brown. Both can flower normally,
David
David, and Terry I agree, but this plant has always bloomed from a beautifully green sheath. Can that change seasonally?

monocotman

Reaction score
No idea but there is no evidence of any other problem. No visible rot on the leaves or rhizomes, the growth is great and so are the roots. I’d leave it alone,

southernbelle

Reaction score
I am so aware of not overwatering that sometimes I think I underwater now that I’ve gone to a chunkier mix. I do water a bit more when in sheath, especially this time of year in active growth. This is a big pot (net pot upside down in center) so I let it dry at least ½ way down. I know not to cut off sheaths even when dry so I will just be patient and observe. I don’t see thrips but lost a bud on this plant last bloom to them. I sprayed the base of the sheath with alcohol just to be safe. Thanks. I love this flower, so it hurts to lose one.

Latest posts