New problem on Lc. Dinard ‘Blue Heaven’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beautiful sheath formed then all of a sudden yellowed. 10” pot well rooted, I don’t think I under-watered, watering every 8 days.
Help, I have another new cane with sheath forming. I don’t want to lose it too. 17167509-D14D-4DC9-9926-C42CEC2B0FCF.jpeg

Deb - that doesn’t mean you will lose the bud development. Sheaths can fully dry up and still bloom. My Arthos (Dinard x trianae) has a fully dried sheath that I have cut back and the buds are developing at the bottom. Your plant has great roots and growths.

I am so aware of not overwatering that sometimes I think I underwater now that I’ve gone to a chunkier mix. I do water a bit more when in sheath, especially this time of year in active growth. This is a big pot (net pot upside down in center) so I let it dry at least ½ way down. I know not to cut off sheaths even when dry so I will just be patient and observe. I don’t see thrips but lost a bud on this plant last bloom to them. I sprayed the base of the sheath with alcohol just to be safe. Thanks. I love this flower, so it hurts to lose one.

Back