new members ≠ learning and growing

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are welcome. Nice to have you here among fellow addicts! :clap:

Ha ha ha
I feel your pain. I have just accepted that grocery store phals are stupid. I'm not terribly certain they are supposed to Re-bloom. I have much more success with species or named plants purchased from reputable nursery's.

I wonder if the biggest thing that keeps people from orchids is patience. I am well aware of the fact that people of my generation have very little of it -at least I don't. I can't even sit through a movie!!!
Growing orchids has really been a true exercise in patience. I started growing in 2008 -it is only now that I can say I can truly re-bloom a Paph after having bloomed 4-5 and re-bloomed lowii, spicerianum, and Druid Spring several times. For the first time my collection has paphs (notice the plural) in bloom.
I have taken such a fondness to masdivallias and I think it is in part to their ease of culture (for me) and re-bloom. There is always a pretty Masdie in my grow room to keep me motivated.
But there have been many many hardships and disappointments (as i know we've all had) as I learned how to do this.

Back