Hello from Brooklyn NY!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ST members!
I’ve been growing orchids for many years. I’ve grown many different species and lost quite a few…. Now I want to learn more about my paph’s & phrag’s and add more to my collection.
I am a windowsill grower, which to say the least is challenging. I now have much more time to devote to my collection and have upgraded my environment to help them thrive.
I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences with different orchids & a few house plants and learning from other growers.
I also love to paint and I have painted a few still life orchids painting. And I love animals…. Two parrots own me along with a kitty & doggy.

Thanks for reading! Claudia

PS: Hi Eric!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi Claudia and welcome. So what type of parrots do you have? I volunteer at an avian rescue and have an african grey. Glad to have you joining our little on line party.
Hi Bob,
I have an African Grey & greater created cockatoo.
My sister lives In Albany & also has two parrots; grey and a little macaw. Her husband was very involved in the parrot society there.
Thanks for reading my introduction & for welcoming me.
Sincerely, Claudia
PS: I will show you one of my grey paintings.

Hello Claudia!
Welcome! Do you grow under lights too? What is your growing area like?
Hi paph love,
That’s a very good question…. I just bought a few grow lights that I’m trying out. But mostly windowsill. I have a south & north exposure. Also I summer them outside…however, my slippers, in the past, I’ve lost touch with them and did lose some from rain etc. This year I think I will keep them inside. Some of my other orchids I may put outside with a close eye on them. Don’t laugh but I just purchased an indoor greenhouse from amazon. I want to start newly potted orchids that need more humidity in there. I’ll let you know how that works out.

Attachments

• IMG_0232.jpeg
    IMG_0232.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Hi Bob,
I have an African Grey & greater created cockatoo.
My sister lives In Albany & also has two parrots; grey and a little macaw. Her husband was very involved in the parrot society there.
Thanks for reading my introduction & for welcoming me.
Sincerely, Claudia
PS: I will show you one of my grey paintings.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0294.jpeg
    IMG_0294.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi paph love,
That’s a very good question…. I just bought a few grow lights that I’m trying out. But mostly windowsill. I have a south & north exposure. Also I summer them outside…however, my slippers, in the past, I’ve lost touch with them and did lose some from rain etc. This year I think I will keep them inside. Some of my other orchids I may put outside with a close eye on them. Don’t laugh but I just purchased an indoor greenhouse from amazon. I want to start newly potted orchids that need more humidity in there. I’ll let you know how that works out.
What a pretty Paph! Love the color!
I grow in a south/ southwest window and have grow lights as well. So far my Pahs are growing and blooming!
I will be interested in how the greenhouse works out!

I grow in a south/ southwest window and have grow lights as well. So far my Pahs are growing and blooming!
I will be interested in how the greenhouse works
I will be interested in how the greenhouse works out!
Wow that is good to hear that you have some in bloom!
I will let you know about the little greenhouse.

Thanks regarding my paph. One is a painting that I did, Vietnamese ‘Cherry Blossom’ & the other is paph. delenatii X Victoria-Regina .

Flask and Flora does weekly purges on his Facebook page and has several Paphs. He gives care instructions and will let you know which ones are best for your conditions. I’ve gotten my Paphs from him.
I live in Washington state and I am having good luck blooming the mottled leaf Paphs. I do have several other varieties that are growing but haven’t bloomed yet.

Flask and Flora does weekly purges on his Facebook page and has several Paphs. He gives care instructions and will let you know which ones are best for your conditions. I’ve gotten my Paphs from him.
I live in Washington state and I am having good luck blooming the mottled leaf Paphs. I do have several other varieties that are growing but haven’t bloomed yet.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back