My entire Paph collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, here are my two newest additions:

Paph. acmodontum which came in low bud (let's hope I don't kill it):
242950.orig.jpg

And my second roth an acclaimed 'Mont Millais', but that seems rather improbable:
242951.orig.jpg

Thanks! I really hope the bud will make it since I'm very fond of the flower. My little superbiens has broke through its sheath today too, so it has been a good Paph day today. :D

Thanks! I really hope the bud will make it since I'm very fond of the flower. My little superbiens has broke through its sheath today too, so it has been a good Paph day today. :D

And what could be better than celebrating it by buying a paph sukhakulii? Just kidding. Stop agreeing with me! :)

My newest addition arrived this Tuesday (I've just been slow when it comes to updating this thread).

Here it is, my beautiful Paph. Ashburtoniae (barbatum x insigne):
243196.orig.jpg

It has one big fan, one smaller, and one tiny-whiny one. I really look forward to the day this guy decides to bloom 'cause the flowers are very beautiful I think. :D

Oh, and I can now add another future bloomer to my small list of Paphs in bud/sheath; my gratrixianum is going to bloom on two of its fans! :clap: So now I have five future bloomers and two that I'm uncertain about.

And what could be better than celebrating it by buying a paph sukhakulii? Just kidding. Stop agreeing with me! :)
Haha! Nah, I'll be a good girl and wait with the sukkakulii and the masterianum (I plan to buy both from Asendorfer after all ;) ).

I just realized I've forgotten to update my little collection. I have five new additions:

Paph. mastersianum:
245232.orig.jpg

Paph. sukhakulii 'Graue':
245233.orig.jpg

Paph. superbiens var. curtisii:
245231.orig.jpg

Paph. violascens (let's see if I can make it survive):
245235.orig.jpg

Paph. rothschildianum 'Starship' (my third roth and yet another clone as well as the smallest of my little roth trio):
245230.orig.jpg

Subgenus Sigmatopetalum:
Paph. appletonianum
Paph. argus
Paph. barbatum var. nigritum
Paph. bundtii
Paph. callosum var. sublaeve
Paph. ceramense or cerveranum
Paph. ciliolare
Paph. hainanense
Paph. lawrenceanum 'Graue' BM/DOG
Paph. mastersianum (NEW)
Paph. purpuratum
Paph. robinsonii
Paph. sukhakulii 'Graue' (NEW)
Paph. superbiens (I have two of this one, am going to sell one of them)
Paph. superbiens var. curtisii (NEW)
Paph. tonsum var. cupreum
Paph. urbanianum
Paph. venustum
Paph. violascens (NEW)
Paph. wardii 'Darkwing'

Subgenus Paphiopedilum:
Paph. fairrieanum 'Graue' SM/DOG
Paph. gratrixianum
Paph. helenae
Paph. villosum

Subgenus Polyantha:
Paph. roebelenii
Paph. rothschildianum 'Big Garden' x 'Lark' FCC/AOS
Paph. rothschildianum 'Mont Milais' (although I seriously doubt that)
Paph. rothschildianum 'Starship'

Subgenus Parvisepalum (what's this one doing here, huh, huuh, huuuh?):
Paph. malipoense

Hybrid:
Paph. Maudiae Vinicolor 'Schwarze Madonna'
Paph. Michael Koopowitz

You have indeed gone off the deep end! Aren't we a great bunch of enablers?!
I know! Soon I'll have all of the Paphs in the Sigmatopetalum subgenus I think... :p

That you are and I don't have any self discipline at all, NOT a good combination if you ask me. :rollhappy:

Nice! I just got a Paph superbiens as well but the leaves are different than your plant.

Paphman910
Do you have superbiens or superbiens var. curtisii? The one in my most recent post (except this one) is a var. curtisii and compared to my other two "ordinary" superbiens, the foliage looks different.

Hi mutant. I am glad you're collection are growing. Both by the numbers and growth wise. I haven't got a sukhakulii yet but its on my list. if you want them little paphs with nice foliage I have another suggestion. Paph braemii. Also Paph canhii. its cute.

Hi mutant. I am glad you're collection are growing. Both by the numbers and growth wise. I haven't got a sukhakulii yet but its on my list. if you want them little paphs with nice foliage I have another suggestion. Paph braemii. Also Paph canhii. its cute.

Sangii have nice foliage also!
Okay, braemii is on the list, unfortunately both canhii and sangii are too...ugly, can I write that? I really don't like the flowers on either of them and since neither of them has the drop dead gorgeous foliage malipoense has, their foliage are pretty but not pretty enough so they're just not worth the money I feel.

But braemii is definitely up my alley since it looks a lot like a tonsum, which I love... Isn't it a variant of tonsum even? Now, all I need to do is to find a braemii, I've a feeling it might be difficult. :p

Maaayyybe not so clever...

I decided to make one last order of chids before winter comes, but instead of ordering from my beloved Asendorfer I chose Schwerter instead, because they had a primary hybrid I wanted; Paph. Pandion (venustum x fairrieanum).

So as not my future Pandion would feel too lonely on its journey to Sweden, I picked some buddies to travel with it; a Paph. henryanum to replace my grumpy helenae with (I'll keep it for a while longer, but I think it's a dud actually), and since I apparently believe I have all the patience in the world, a Paph. Prince Edward of York with a 10cm leaf span. :rollhappy:

I'll probably go insane waiting for the PEoY to grow up! :p

Not at all! :crazy:
;)

Well, I'll be racing my PEoY against a Kemp Tower that's roughly the same size as my PEoY, and which a forum friend purchased earlier this summer. I think it'll be the worlds sloooowest race... The question is, will we both go insane before our Paphs decide to do anything? :rollhappy:

Be patient with the helenae buddy. Your's seems to be a multiple growth plant so it might just be adjusting to your conditions. And good call with the henryanum. They are nice. Also do you like spicerianum?

I've had it for four, soon five, months, and it has done absolutely NOTHING! I have patience when I know a Paph is slow growing (like the roths and malipoense), but this is the only Paph I've had for some time that has just been sitting there, sulking. I have a villosum with six fans too, that has never bloomed, but that guy has started to grow a lot and is also making a new fan.

I've actually sold my helenae today because it obviously doesn't like living with me. I really hope its next owner can get it to bloom, and if they do, I'll ask for their permission to publish the pictures here on ST.

Not to worry, I must have a helenae, but I think I'll try one from my favourite vendor instead and hopefully this time I'll get a clone that will grow in my conditions. The same vendor just happens to have Paph. schoseri too... And I'm considering buying a Paph. Asendorfer Gigant (gigantifolium x MK) just to show my support (and because it looks nice of course). :D

It could be very well big due to the gigantifolium parent. Just a word of warning. Five months isn't really that long Ms. impatient. :rollhappy: Anyways glad you are getting another one and yeah get a schoscerri (Probably butchered the spelling). I just got one because it was one of the blooming size plants that one vendor brought here. Glad I did. Saw Spaph's plant its gorgeous.

I know, but I can't take it anymore! :crazy:

The only other Paphs that aren't doing anything are my two newest Paphs, my little roth 'Starship' and my violascens, and considering I haven't had them for a month yet, I would've been surprised if they had started growing.

But ALL of my other Paphs are doing SOMETHING, but not the helenae... It hasn't even lost a leaf, but now, two are starting to turn yellow and it's probably the first time in my life that I've been glad when a plant has started to get some yellow leaves, because, "Hey, at least it's doing something!". :rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back