My entire Paph collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
In one thread. Geez, I have like three or four collection threads here, but I figured I'll have this one dedicated to my Paphs, and only my Paphs. I have now 15 Paphs and have five more incoming. The last two were ordered yesterday and are this newbie's attempt at some more multifloras.

This is what I have at the moment:

Subgenus Sigmatopetalum:
Paph. appletonianum
Paph. barbatum var. nigritum
Paph. ceramense or cerveranum
Paph. hainanense
Paph. lawrenceanum
Paph. purpuratum
Paph. robinsonii
Paph. superbiens (I have two of this oe, am going to sell one of them)
Paph. urbanianum
Paph. venustum

Subgenus Paphiopedilum:
Paph. helenae
Paph. villosum

Subgenus Polyantha:
Paph. roebelenii

Hybrid:
Paph. Maudiae Vinicolor 'Schwarze Madonna'

I'll take some nice pictures as soon as the weather allows me to, so you have some "faces" to go with the names. ;)

What else did you order?
Let me see here now:

Paph. callosum var. sublaeve
Paph. ciliolare
Paph. gratrixianum
Paph. rothschildianum 'Big Garden' x 'Lark' FCC/AOS
Paph. Michael Koopowitz

I have plenty more that I want, but they'll have to wait until I've increased my savings again. It was the roth and the MK in blooming size that almost depleted them.

Thaianum, thaianum...
Nope, no Paph from the Parvisepalum or the Brachypetalum subgenera will enter my collection. I call them "toilet Paphs" or "urinal Paphs" and they're really not my cup of tea (which is too bad since their foliage are usually gorgeous, but I can't stand the flowers).

Another one to add to your wishlist would be Paph wardii if you are into barbata group of paphs. they have nice foliage as well.

Iiiih! All of my ordered Paphs will arrive this week! I'm sooo happy since this means that my very anticipated new members will finally arrive as well as the end of my shipments.

After these two packages arrive, there will be no more orchids until I've rebuilt my savings again. The Paph. rothschildianum 'Big Garden' x 'Lark' FCC/AOS and the Paph. Michael Koopowitz kind of depleted them, so I really hope they will be worth it.

I suggest that once you get it in. Be sure to re-pot right away so you can check the root system. If no roots.. then complain!

Kidding aside. You paid good money for them so be sure to check it. Ready up some pots and mixes and enjoy re-potting. Re-potting is one of my stress relievers I like it.

I suggest that once you get it in. Be sure to re-pot right away so you can check the root system. If no roots.. then complain!

Kidding aside. You paid good money for them so be sure to check it. Ready up some pots and mixes and enjoy re-potting. Re-potting is one of my stress relievers I like it.
Always do! The only ones I didn't repot were the four Paphs from Asendorfer and the reason why was because the bark they were potted in looked extremely fresh and since plain bark works with me and my watering habits, they've stayed un-repotted. The other five million newbies have almost ALL been repotted, I have five left that I've been too tired to deal with (all five with relatively nice medium), but today I'll repot them too.

I much prefer repotting Paphs before Phals and the reason why is because I don't need to sort the bark before repotting them. I don't have access to medium sized bark, which is what I use for my Phals, so I have to buy mixed orchid compost and sort the good bark out from the rest, and this takes TIME! AND is boring. But I can't repot my Phals into something that looks like bark mush.

Just thought of a miniature paph that has gorgeous leaves that are not in brachy or parvi group. I think. Paph canhii. It must be more accessible in Europe.

Wow! You're really racking up the 'Chids!

...Paph's must be very affordable in Sweden...or I'm poor. ;)

Wow! You're really racking up the 'Chids!

...Paph's must be very affordable in Sweden...or I'm poor. ;)
I know! A wee bit too much too... I'm going to sell one of the Phals which didn't turn out as I had expected at all, and another one is going back to the person who sold it to me due to it being the wrong species. This means a wee bit more space, yay! :D

No, not really, I would say they're rather expensive here in Sweden which is why I've bought almost all of them from Germany, and I have sav... I mean I HAD savings, but they're almost depleted now (dang those Paphs!) so now it's no more buying and rebuilding my savings that's on the agenda for the next year. Oh, and learn how to care properly for my little darlings. :smitten:

I know! A wee bit too much too... I'm going to sell one of the Phals which didn't turn out as I had expected at all, and another one is going back to the person who sold it to me due to it being the wrong species. This means a wee bit more space, yay! :D

No, not really, I would say they're rather expensive here in Sweden which is why I've bought almost all of them from Germany, and I have sav... I mean I HAD savings, but they're almost depleted now (dang those Paphs!) so now it's no more buying and rebuilding my savings that's on the agenda for the next year. Oh, and learn how to care properly for my little darlings. :smitten:

If you ever visit Victoria, BC I will send you a few Paphs for you to take home since you are a student!

Paphman910 :)

Now here is my collection, but this time in colour and with pictures!

First out is the Sigmatopetalum:

Paph. appletonianum
68362d1337516518-paph-collection-appletonianum1.jpg

Paph. barbatum var. nigritum
68363d1337516518-paph-collection-barbatumvarnigritum1.jpg

Paph. callosum var. sublaeve (a bunch of mechanical damage on this one, but it's from Orchids & More so that's not surprising) (NEW)
68364d1337516518-paph-collection-callosumvarsublaeve1.jpg

Paph. cerveranum (previously known as "ceramense", but according to the experts here it's not a ceramense)
68365d1337516518-paph-collection-cerveranum1.jpg

Paph. cerveranum flower
68366d1337516518-paph-collection-cerveranum2.jpg

Paph. ciliolare (doublet since the guy split in two when I repotted it and neither of the plants have any healthy root system to talk about, I hope it/they'll survive, from Orchids & More) (NEW)
68367d1337516518-paph-collection-ciliolare1.jpg

Paph. ciliolare came in bud
68368d1337516518-paph-collection-ciliolare2.jpg

Paph. hainanense
68369d1337516518-paph-collection-hainanense1.jpg

Paph. lawrenceanum
68370d1337516518-paph-collection-lawrencenaum1.jpg

Paph. purpuratum
68371d1337516518-paph-collection-purpuratum1.jpg

Paph. robinsonii (my freebie from Asendorfer and one of my absolute favourites!)
68372d1337516740-paph-collection-robinsonii1.jpg

Paph. superbiens (doublet)
68373d1337516740-paph-collection-superbiens1.jpg

Paph. urbanianum
68374d1337516740-paph-collection-urbanianum1.jpg

Paph. venustum
68375d1337516740-paph-collection-venustum1.jpg

Polyantha:

Paph. roebelenii
68379d1337517053-paph-collection-roebelenii1.jpg

Paph. rothschildianum (it came with barely any roots at all so I really hope this guy will make it) (NEW)
68380d1337517053-paph-collection-rothschildianum1.jpg

And finally, my two Hybrids:

Paph. Maudiae Vinicolor 'Schwarze Madonna'
68381d1337517146-paph-collection-maudiaevinicolorschwarzemadonna1.jpg

Paph. Michael Koopowitz (this guy didn't have any roots either so I really don't know if it'll make it) (NEW)
68382d1337517146-paph-collection-michaelkoopowitz1.jpg

Wow! The leaves are beautiful! What is leafspan of the roth you have? Does it have a new growth starting?

Paphman910

Back