My entire Paph collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one sells for ridicolous prices, how much did you pay for it? One of the better books btw:)

That one sells for ridicolous prices, how much did you pay for it? One of the better books btw:)
I've heard it's supposed to be good, so when I got offered to buy one I decided to go for it.

Let's say it wasn't cheap but looking at the prices on amazon I realize I got a real bargain. It's used but you really can't tell because it's so well kept.

Yes!!!

After having done absolutely nothing for over a year, my Paph venustum albaishis (says 'alba' on the tag, but it has some purple spots on the underside of the leaves, so no pure alba I think) has finally started growing again.

I repotted it recently, prepared for a zombie Paph and yet another candidate for the trashcan, but found a nice root system so no tossing necessary. And today I could confirm it had started growing again. :D

My fairrieanum, being in the nursery tent due to me almost rotting its entire root system off, is putting out a new leaf. I don't know if it's growing any roots, because the pot I had to put it in was opaque. No more leaf loss and growing a new leaf is a good sign I think.

Checking my Paphs yesterday, I found one new start on my Mount Toro x gardineri. It might even have two, but I don't know if both are actively growing. I bought it BS, but a multi with a single growth isn't really BS if I've understood it correctly, as they usually need more than one to flower. It looks like it's working at becoming BS however and it seems to like my care. Happy! :clap:

The happiest roth I have, my 'Starship' x self, has started on its 8th leaf now. It will lose one of the old ones, but I'm still very happy that it seems to do so well. That's 7 actively growing roots and 8 leaves (temporarily, but anyway).

My Wössner Kolarmi seems to be rather happy with life as well. All in all, the new orchids seem to do rather well, especially the Paphs and the Phrags. My Jason Fischer is growing like a weed; I've found four actively growing roots now and the new growth has doubled in size. I love easy Phrag hybrids. :smitten:

I think there might have appeared two new chewing marks on my Paph lowii, but I'm not sure. I can't find anything on the plant, either by searching through it with a loupe or wiping off the leaves and checking the paper. I'm keeping an eye out though.

Back