My Conservatory, a 2 year snap-shot

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, John Boy, you have given me so many ideas!

A couple questions for you...what exposure is that space? Do you have or use supplemental lighting? Is it separated from other living space, ie., closed off completely or not?

Thanks, and great job!

That's a great set up and a big collection. They always say you will never have enough space, so have you?

Some great plants and flowers.

Gary
UK
:clap:

I guess it does fit in here, and there's that problem named:
I'm busting my head, trying to work out how to take great pictures of such a big plant.
First time that Cattleya schroederae is doinig 6 flowers opening all at once.
I couldn't be happier with the blooming, but how to go about good pictures, black backgroundish...

6269086946_08a580ecbf_b.jpg

6269088200_d7bef8f39f_b.jpg

To get a whole plant photo you'll have to take it down and do a whole set-up like the aos photogs do. See aos orchids/site for ideas.

It will take a little bit of work and time, but well worth the effort. We would love to see the end result.

Do you have pics of your structure from the outside? I would love to get a feet for how it is constructed.

I'll get the Camera out, and take an outside shot tomorrow. You'll not see too much though, cause it's a second floor, (former balcony conversion), fully tiled, which is as perfect for what I'm doing as can be).

I'll also try and come up with some answers to the other questions. Sorry for being lazzy.
The flat/conservatory is rented. I got lucky that once... ;0)

Well it sure is a nice place to live! Lucky you! And that Cattleya schroederae has fantastic flowers! :drool:

I’ve decided to continue this post with some more things happening around my conservatory, just to provide a record over time.
It could be good for beginners to see, how a collection changes throughout the seasons, as well as to provide an account about how things are done around here. By no means do I maintain a perfect collection, but the point here is to show what goes into trying. If it gives others some idea how to deal with their own set-up: I’ve achieved what I set out to do.

Today I’ll be bringing you some successes with my Neofinetias. As I’ve invested some money and room into these fantastic plants last year, I’ll be posting the results as these plants are starting to bloom. And there are quite a few starting to right as we speak.

For starter: here’s one of the reasons I love Neos: PERFECT SYMETRY!!! The cultivar is called Nokbo

7211430486_97ba0c2b4f_c.jpg

7211430084_67cd6d6852_c.jpg

This one is Isechabo, and has a rather untidy growth-habbit, which I'm not too fond of... Time will tell if I#ll be keeping plants like that.

7211432582_7c08537299_c.jpg

7211432006_5682f04005_c.jpg

The both side by side:

7211468154_24d0e56067_c.jpg

Here are two others, currently blooming:

The first one has a very long history with me, which I will not bore you to tears with, it's a rather great concolor, which I've labled as "True Magic", her 2nd flower is open for 4 days now:

7211429056_9bd961155e_c.jpg

And then her, compared to canhii, which is a frequent bloomer, and evry easy grower:

7216204538_7c126a5e93_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back