Linus Cyps

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to take pics when it's sunny. But here's a couple:

Cypripedium Chauncey

Cypripedium ventricosum 'Frosch's Queen of the Mist"

formosanum

Sabine alba

Oh, and is this a weed or is it worth keeping? It's ephemeral (goes away in the summer; it's with a fern I bought from Far Reaches Nursery, fern has yet come up). Flowers are yellow and daisy/aster-like

We grow Caltha palustris at work and it’s similar though these flowers aren’t as full and round. Leaves are pretty close maybe just more stressed in your pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely grown plants. I love the ventricosum - nice selection. Sabine alba too is always a favorite.

We grow Caltha palustris at work and it’s similar though these flowers aren’t as full and round. Leaves are pretty close maybe just more stressed in your pic

I think you nailed it Charles.

This one seems to be doing very well in pot culture. Last year only 2 flowers. Now 5. Cyp Hank Small.

This 1990 Carson Whitlow introduction is a hybrid of Cypripedium parviflorum var. parviflorum x Cypripedium kentuckiense

Really nicely flowered Hank Small - you can see the kentuckiense so clearly. I remember when Carson was making all those crosses back in the day. We were pen pals in the late 70s when I was in high school and he had just moved into his new home in Iowa. I think I still have the old letters back at my mom's place in New York - such pleasant memories.

Nice collection of cyps and well grown.
I really like how you grow them..... I will look into these and combine them with my flower bed plants also.

Latest posts

Back