Its wardii, venustum and tranlieanum season

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
I know many have problems with blasting these days, particularly with wardii seemingly. I do not and this year quite a few of my wardiis from flasks imported in 2013 decided to bloom.
Here is the first one which I think is a stunner. Absolutely cute, smallish in size, alba and notice; lacking leaf tesellation. Deflasked in April 2013.
hYkoa.jpg

I am no dedicated photographer and my photographs are so so,but I thought that I should try to make some pictures since I had a fair number of flowers right now. This is the venustum corner of my bench and as you can see, its difficult to get Nice Pictures out of it. Most of these plants are flowering the second time, deflasked in May 2011, first flowering in January 2013, so some of them are flowering for the 3rd time now.
t5oLb.jpg

I thought this is not good enough so I collected what I had of flowering wardii, venustum and tranlieanums and put them in a tray; here they are:
tLp7R.jpg

Flight of the Wardiis, 'Bear1'x'Taidas Eagle' deflasked October 2013 (14-15months)
NlgFG.jpg

Better but not good enough, what about making a theatre? For this I took a black plastic container which accomodated the tray. Better but not perfect, but here we reach the limit of my photographing skills, enjoy.
Overview
AclCs.jpg

Venustum corner, the album was deflasked in April 2013 and is the first to bloom of that lot.
The tranlieanums, well for somereason I had problems with that flask, many died and succumbed to deceases, but finally...the first flowered last year deflasked in March 2012.
AU0Wj.jpg

The Wardii corner; the Picture could have been better.....
DWCBb.jpg

Awesome bunch! I gather you grow on the cool side for most of the year, judging from your very happy venustums and wardiis.

Only during the winter half. Summer is more like 18C at night 28 at day, now its below 10C at night and perhaps 22C at day.

Oh my ! That is a joy! Some day I should try with a venustum ... they look so cheerful!
Thanks for sharing.

wow, lots of gems there. The wardii alba is beautiful and less than 2yrs old??!!

Deflasked in April 2013 my notes says, so yes, it's less than 2years out of flask. Its a gem, that is true.:)

I take some of the venustums and a couple of wardiis, please. :D

My wardii is probably soon done blooming and my venustum has forgotten what 'spiking' even means...

Back