Linus Cyps

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyps in pots

Gisela (in a plastic pot) and Gabriela (in clay; I think plants do better in clay for evaporative cooling). Not sure why the Gabriela pouch is pointed. I don't recall it flowering like that last year.

Attachments

• rsz_cyp_gisella_in_pot.jpg
    rsz_cyp_gisella_in_pot.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 48
  • rsz_cyp_gabriela.jpg
    rsz_cyp_gabriela.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 51
Last bunch of cyps and an auction winner

Last cyps of the season. Lucy Pinkepank, in pot, and in the ground pubescens and kentuckiensis. Also, a "cattleya" that I won last year in the auction, 3 spikes (needs to be divided): http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29749

Attachments

• rsz_cyp_philip_2014.jpg
    rsz_cyp_philip_2014.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 43
  • rsz_cyp_kentuckiensis_2014.jpg
    rsz_cyp_kentuckiensis_2014.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
  • rsz_cyp_pubescens_2014.jpg
    rsz_cyp_pubescens_2014.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 39
  • rsz_iwan_appleblossom_newberry.jpg
    rsz_iwan_appleblossom_newberry.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 48
Dear Linus, there a rule in eastern gardening that a blooming peony is
a sure sign of a heavy rainstorm. It seems to be a peony curse. Even if
you provide support, the rain and wind will take 'em down. The only
alternative is cut the blooms and put them in a vase in the house to
enjoy BEFORE the storm.

New Year- New State

So it looks like most of my cyps survived the move from MD to VA.
First almost blooming cyp, Cyp. Paul. Planted about 4 weeks ago, got as part of the sale from GPH. (You can see the other cyps in the background starting to awaken that I moved when I moved last September.)

Best of luck with the new location. I'm assuming the climate is nearly identical to your previous place? Are you going to try Calanthe in the ground?

Yup, we just moved 25 miles away. Maybe a little more zone 6b than 7a.
I basically keep the Calanthe in the pot outdoors all year round. I don't intend to plant them in the ground so I can bring them to the orchid meetings when they bloom. Maybe after dividing the discolor, I'll plant some in the ground.

I had some beautiful tree peony blooms last week (from Cricket Hill), but then the torrential rains mid-week ruined the petals. This one bloomed later, and hopefully will last until the next rain storm Thursday. Planted 2012 (purchased for $15 at Strange's Nursery in Virginia, after setting up at the Virginia Orchid Society Show).

Paeonia 'Shima Nishiki'...I have the same ! Beautifull !

Latest posts

Back