Irapeanum update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
Plant reached the top of the container.
leaf count: 16
length: 19cm/ 7.5inches

cypirapeanum_zpse0e47859.jpg~original

I think it's feeling well... do you think it make new eyes for the next year like other cypripediums ?

I'm envious seeing your plants....mine was only 6 cm "tall", but mine is started to push out a new growth, too, and it is 2-3 cm tall now. I revised all things that I planned about "wintering". Pic tomorrow, now it is too dark here.

I think they will grow new shoots if the temperature doesn't drop. I am beginning to lower the temps now and I've let the water out of my container in order to keep them dry in winter.

I think they will grow new shoots if the temperature doesn't drop. I am beginning to lower the temps now and I've let the water out of my container in order to keep them dry in winter.

Mine is here.I think i wont decrease temp until it is growing.( mine is smaller than you). I have no idea about its habitat ( a regular cyp dies back and this time a new dormant eye appears at the base. But eg. subropicum does not die back only 1-2 years later and has no characteristic dormant period) I don't know the right way, I hope any of us wiil step on...

Thank you very much. ..I'll follow your advice and limit watering to the second plant ...

Kept it drier and colder (15°C) for a month. Now the old growth has withered and a new starter growth starts growing. And I opened the container three months ago. No rot yet. It seems that those irapeanums are more forgiving than I thought.
irapeanum_zps2f3aeaa9.jpg~original

Very interesting! Mine just begins to die back, I keep it in warmer conditions, I hope it will start new growth....I'd like to know something abouts Sen63's plant..( excuse me, I don't know His/Her christian name).

Hello! Happy Cypri New year !...I'm not Christian, I'm Sébastien! ;-) I stopped watering the little and it's dead, and the bigger one is still growing (but l reduced watering not stopped! )picture soon...

Oh no, sad to hear that it is dead. No new growth coming from the bottom up? I think it is safer to keep them wet after this experience. Altough my plant survived, it would be advantagous for the plant to have both growths alive at the same time I think.
Btw: I sowed Cypripedium dickinsonianum two weeks ago. No germination yet, but let´s hope this changes soon.

Back