Irapeanum update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some news about my plants :

The big one seems to lack the light but grows well, while the second under the lamp is smaller ...

(sorry for the meaning of the photo)

Is there a rotting process going on below surface, which reduces the cell pressure of the plant?

Is there a rotting process going on below surface, which reduces the cell pressure of the plant?

what do you mean? ... I think roots going well because the plant is still growing...but I did not dare scraped nor moved to not to disturb her...

Then I would help the plant standing upright by a stick.

It depends on the light direction. If the light comes from the front (look at the phrag or kolo or whatever nearby) then it has found a way to get the maximum of light. And your goal is to get a big plant as fast as possible. So then it has to get enough energy from the light to store in the roots for next year. If you stake it i think you would do the opposite of helping the plant and this could have a negative effect on next years growh.

I did some research. If you are interested how the annual temps and rainfall in an irapeanum area are, you can follow this link: Estacion Toro Muerto It gives me some idea how to keep them alive in winter.

Very interesting! ...thanks. ..I found some informations like that and I think it's more tolerant with lower temperature. ..

Latest posts

Back