Irapeanum update

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One protocorm does not do anything, only still alive, but the other is moving fast!!!!!Here is the centre and 3-4 new growths and after making photo a noticed a perpherical new one growth , too, among Sphagnum, whtai is about 3 mm tall! I hope.......

Hello ! good luck ! I'm doing the same experience now ...

y1yn.jpg

@ Seb: It seems that you are using a different mix than the one Jan suggests. What are you using?

Hello !...recipe is top secret ;-)... but just for you I can do just an exception :rollhappy:

fine quartz sand, fine pouzzolan, manado, a substrate for aquarium that really has no name but managed well to land orchids and charcoal form my chimney ...that all...and a lot of prayers ! :wink:

Seb, what kinds of media are you using? Looks like pumice-like stuff, charcoal, sand, but there are some small red clay like materials, which I don't know what it is.

(oops, I didn't see the 2nd page, where you answered it).

Hello !...recipe is top secret ;-)... but just for you I can do just an exception :rollhappy:

fine quartz sand, fine pouzzolan, manado, a substrate for aquarium that really has no name but managed well to land orchids and charcoal form my chimney ...that all...and a lot of prayers ! :wink:

What! No pixie dust? :rollhappy:

Best of luck to both of you, and more importantly to the seedlings. Keep us informed no matter what happens - the more information, the better.

Two of three protocors stopped but one is started to grow and turned to green, about 1,5 cm "tall" at this moment. I think others will die, but I will be happy if "only" this one will survive.

I keep it in semi-shade, just like phrags. I saw few pics about its habitat, I think it gets much light in nature, as I could see well it grows in relatively opened areas.

I keep it in semi-shade, just like phrags. I saw few pics about its habitat, I think it gets much light in nature, as I could see well it grows in relatively opened areas.

Mine too. ..protected by phrags leaves. ..

Latest posts

Back