How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the west coast it's in the high 60s during the day and high 40s at night probably from here on out warmer & warmer

Here we are just getting the rollercoaster ride, warm then cold, rain then snow, back and forth. This week's forecast including today:

Weath212_zpsoosdjila.jpeg

This is unusual weather for us.

After a period of mild weather above freezing, winter came back, about -10C outside the greenhouse this morning. Probably should not expect real spring before April I am afraid........

We had a light snow, then temps dropped precipitously and very windy. Nearby wind chills could get to -20f with one night at real 5f. But then Tuesday rain and high of 49f

Seems since I've been in nj, when it gets really cold often it's really windy, which is bad for outdoor animals and people, and especially for those trying to heat greenhouses where it becomes very difficult to hold proper temps without spending a fortune

Elmer Nj

Yesterday it was 53F. in Frisco Co. When we got out of the hot springs at 7:30pm last night, it was about 40 F.

EXTREMELY cold here today....even more so with the wind chill. Only a few days of this though and then we go back up to either just below...or just above the freezing mark again. :clap: Can't complain. This has been a great winter. (as far as winters go that is.) :rollhappy:

Tom, your weather forecast looks like KY's. Well, single
digits tonight...rain, snow, rain, snow.

Yes indeed Charles. My heating bill for Jan. was over
$300.00 and it's never, ever been that high before. This
is just for the greenhouse and shop.

I was just bragging about the good stuff Tom.

Later we drove north. It snowed from Leadville-Silverthorne.
White knuckle. Instead of 80mph, more like 25-30 all the way.
For dinner we walked from hotel.

Home now. Not bad out.

One day it's like spring - sunny and warm, spring flowers starting to grow in the garden, and the next day - dark, cold, wet, and lots of snow:
24520224354_8a909bed9f_c.jpg

24520247994_4a30f43b74_c.jpg

24783207829_9864f44664_c.jpg

24855216280_08d8590ae4_c.jpg

Really waiting for spring...

Latest posts

Back