How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's snowing hard now. The pic was taken around 5:30 pm. Should have a good accumulation overnight. Joy.

SNOW_zpsy7h7ple0.jpg

The shires of Oneida county NY

Warm season
Snow now
2w ago rain slightly warmer than air
Never lower than 11°F
High 22°-32°F

Jan - siteings of Galanthus pli. Hellebores Niger/Nigerc.

Last year -13°F snow. deep frost

The east coast weather map does not really show our little micro climate. It has been snowing since Wed and hasn't let up yet (about 3 feet) Temps in single digits and wind in upper digits!
But wait I just now see a break in the clouds!

It started snowing here in Bucks County PA about 7 pm Friday evening. We have our first foot, and it's supposed to continue to some degree through Sunday at 4 am.

The Jersey Shore is getting it worse, though. Full moon + high tide + 60 mph onshore winds = serious flooding.

It's still dribbling snow at my place but accumulation is only a couple of inches (enough to paralyze Nashville!!). Temp just below freezing, so ice under snow making things slippery. Hint of sunshine peeking through so maybe we'll get a small melt on the roads.

Power outages were minimal. Didn't get enough ice accumulation to drop trees onto lines, but its cold enough that everybody is cranking heaters to overload the system (happens a lot out where I live). So I'm on generator standby.

My New Mexico cactus says 'what snow?? Bring it on....'

dd9b7cf51e293cd94a9fb4903ecc7311.jpg

Spent about five hours shoveling out the church, my car, neighbors car, mailboxes by the street, another neighbors truck and then the front sidewalk (with my neighbors shovel no less) :)
Steak for dinner

Elmer Nj

Spent about five hours shoveling
Elmer Nj

I was done in fifteen minutes.
The wind was favorable. Not a flake on front porch. Only about 10ft. of sidewalk was covered.
Mean while, the guy across the street had to climb out window. Snowed in!!!

I find it hard to believe the community college is closed today.

My car was basically clean most of the storm and after because of the wind, but was plowed in along with neighbors and mailboxes. Unfortunately all of the mobile snow ended up on the church property, steps front entry and the normal removal persons equipment broke

You know that you all are lucky in a way ?
I'm running out of rain water and it is just beginning of February. No rain in the last 7 weeks. That is not funny at all. Well, for the tourists it is. .

Lovely the last two or three days have been sunny and in
the high 60s, so now I'm waiting for the snow blast from
mother nature to make up for the oversight.

Same here Angela. We have hardly any snow which is very rare for this time of year. We did get a dusting overnight but that should be gone within the next day or two. The temps are forecast to drop below freezing next week and I'm expecting a big dump or two of snow before winter is over.....can't complain though as the off and on mild weather has shortened winter a lot.

I took a walk through our gardens yesterday and noticed most of the Hellebores have fat flower buds and the daffodils are peeking out of the ground. Not long now! :clap:

Wendy, you must have a certain amount of weather
paranoia too. I have crocus and daffs. up and trying to
bud. I don't if I'm happy or sad about what this goofy
weather will do to the spring show in my garden.

Extremely positive about climate change, except for the insects.
I don't think it is normal to have mosquitoes in Feb.
Not trying, I seen two outside last week.

Back