How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You. Not me.
Our home is on a bluff.

Some nice homes for sale in nice neighborhood across town.
They are up on hill, never flood.
From $270,000-310,000.

After Sandy we were plagued with flood insurance offers.
My wife and I agree it would be wasteful money.

When you buy your sump pump, get two. You will need a spare.

Well I got two days of golf in last week....both days were really warm. Not so nice now though. Cleaned my clubs today and put them in the basement until spring. :sob::sob::sob: Winter is horrible....so dull and dreary. :(

In the NW of England we have had a horrible winter upto now. The temp is far too warm which isn't a good sign for summer -- we need a few freezing weeks!! We have just had 13.5 inches of rain in 24 hours with many towns and homes flooded and some 60 thousand homes without electricity. Most rain for 100yrs and still raining!!

Ed

Oh my, more than 13" of rain in 24 hours. That's disaster and I'm very sorry to hear it. I was going to complain
about four days of dreary rain, but I think I'll just shut
up and be grateful that didn't happen here. I hope you're
safe and dry.

Maybe I'll put the screens back in the storm doors.
Not too shabby here for Zygo mackii, and the Neos.

Pouring rain off and on here....in Arthur, Ontario. A year ago we were still digging out from under 20cm of fresh snow. :eek:

I'll take mud and rain over snow any day. We'll probably pay for this mild weather in January and February though. :sob:

67F and rain this morning but going down next week to more seasonal temps. Played golf last Thursday when it was 60F and partly sunny - glorious for this late in the season.

I golfed until November 18 then put the clubs away. Still a few courses open up here but I decided to quit early. I've been battling kidney troubles since then anyway so no sense being out in the cool, damp weather.

I'm still jealous of you though Tom. :D

Latest posts

Back